These are the files linked to the Sing Up Training given at some Derbyshire Primary Schools.
1. Training notes - Word doc
- Using music to 'tune in' your class and 'tune out' distractions
- Call / Response lesson starters/warm-ups
- Using class response praise phrases to set a positive tone
- Modelling the 'Call' for pupils to take over from you
- Sample Call/Response song - Boom Chicka Boom French version
- Using Backing Tracks to inject a musical background to your lesson
- Overlaying any lyrics onto a backing track to re-inforce lesson content
- Example from the Sing Up Website 'Let's Dance' backing track
- Other sources for backing tracks. Audionetwork.com. Search for these suggested tracks. Each track = 83p for Home/Student Licence
- Foreign Language versions of familiar songs eg: Bingo -> Dingo "There was a man who had a dog ...."