I have been working on some song packages which will be available shortly on the sister site to this one, www.souffler.co.uk. This an example of one of these.
They were developed as part of the singing and Mfl project I ran recently at a Derbyshire primary school.
The song was written for a yr 4 class who were studying pets/animals. I wanted to produce a song that covered a phonic pattern and that had a silly side to it. All the animals are 'enchanted', unlike other animals and are up to silly things.
It's called "Le Chateau Charmant" and tries to cram in as many animals who have the 'ch' phoneme. Here is a snippet:
Every song pack will include the following resources
* powerpoint presentation of the song
*performance and karaoke videos of the song
* Smart Notebook and Promethean flipchart teaching versions of the song with all parts broken down into practice sections
* Phonic work based on the song with phonic wall displays
* pdf print outs of the song for Wall Displays / flashcards
* Word versions of the lyrics in French and English
* Teaching tips
* Weblinks to sites to support singing and languages
* Integrated Task Magic support files
Here is a page from the Smart Notebook file
The initial findings of this project are that introducing phonic patterns via songs is a very powerful and speedy way to fix the sound of the language married to its written form. Within 3 x 30 minute sessions these yr 4 pupils were pronouncing the lyrics perfectly as they read them aloud from the screen, a feat my former GCSE oral students would have found hard to match.